Multicultural Academic Opportunities Program
Supporting diverse students
Through partnerships with various academic colleges and departments at Virginia Tech, other colleges and universities, governmental entities, and various organizations, MAOP provides support for diverse students who demonstrate a clear commitment to the pursuit of academic excellence.
We assist both undergraduate and graduate students in their transition to Virginia Tech and provides academic guidance, emotional, social, and financial support until they graduate. For undergraduates interested in graduate education in the future, MAOP provides opportunities for students to engage in summer research.
MAOP is committed to:
- Creating an environment that supports and retains students to graduation from Virginia Tech
- Develop students to become productive citizens and leaders in today's global society
- Building partnerships with faculty at Virginia Tech and other higher education institutions, who are willing to financially support and mentor undergraduates through research opportunities
- Assisting graduate students in navigating the graduate education process, especially students who are historically underrepresented in their disciplines
The Clare Boothe Luce Undergraduate Award Application is now open. Deadline to apply is March 30, 2020. Click HERE to apply!
Cultural Community Centers
- Graduate School
- Office for Equity and Accessibility, Human Resources
- Office of Graduate Recruitment and Diversity Initiatives
- Office of Inclusion and Diversity
- Office of Undergraduate Research
- The Student Success Center
University Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- National MANRRS Office
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Research Experiences for Undergraduates